Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Beginning of the F word


Life is full of surprises because you will never know when the next curved ball is going to hit you?

I created this blog because I got laid off last week by Academia International.

No, not because I was lazy or the students hated me.... but the school had to make cuts after Labour's Immigration Minister, Chris Evans decided to change Australia's immigration policies which meant hairdressing would no longer be in the skill shortage in-demands list.

And given the global financial crisis, I had an inkling that it was coming and prepared myself for the chop.

To be honest, I wasn't expecting it till end of 2010 and sometimes, even when you prepare yourself mentally, you are never fully prepared.

So now Mondays and Tuesdays, I aim to use this time to fine tune my writing as I search for an opening into the world of publishing.

Hence, I created this blog called the 'F' word.... and today's edition (you guessed it!) is dedicated to Academia International and to the Immigration Department for making these poorly thought out changes.

'Fair' dinkum mate!

No comments:

Post a Comment