Monday, April 19, 2010

Shoes R Us


How many pairs of shoes is considered enough? For me, I think I have about 20 pairs but using only about 15.
But what makes a good pair of shoe? Is it possible for us guys to have ONE all-purpose shoe to suit any occasion?

I doubt it...

Shoes to me, is the final touch to your total outfit. They are subtly conscious yet they can make or break your entire outfit.

So, how many pairs is enough? I reckon, you would need at least 9.

Let me break it down for you.

1. One pair of trainers for the gym
2. One pair of black dress shoe (shiny)
3. Another pair of black smart dress shoe (matt)
4. One pair dark brown leather
5. Another pair of light brown (for khaki pants)
6. A smart casual pair to match your favourite jeans
7. One pair of All Star Converse (I'd recommend Jack Purcells)
8. A pair of loafers to slip on to go to Coles
9. A pair of thongs (Havanas)

These are my personal collections.




Here's some shoes that I think would be nice to add to your collection, if you have the means, of course.

Remember, if you have a A$1000 suit, you should have at least a A$200 pair of shoes that matches the look.



Twiggy poses in pair of brogues made for her by George Cleverley and Co Ltd in the 1980s.




Bespoke spectators, £2100 (A$3438), George Cleverley and Co Ltd

Black brogue A$129.99 Betts
Black Banbury brogue, A$299 Trener




Brown brogue, A$1125, Ermenegildo Zegna

Black brogues, £595 (A$974), George Cleverley and Co Ltd



Tweed brogues, A$395, Loake, Skindeep shoes

Bryant brogue, A$395, Loake, Joseph's Shoes





Bordeaux, A$1485 Ermenegildo Zegna

No comments:

Post a Comment